If you receive the event files(XXXXXXXX.evt and CONFIG.DAT) from HMC/KMC, you may want to transfer the event file to the VCI II manually for the test. However, VCI II is not made for Smart DLogger program.
Please follow the instruction below.
1. Check if VCI II and trigger are paired.(Optional).
* If you doubt to VCI II- trigger pairing, please follow the pairing instruction first.
If not, skip to step 2.
2. Go to the path and click "New Folder"below.
C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS inside2\SmartDLogger\ProjectData
3. Create the new folder.
4. Transfer the files, which you received from HMC/KMC, to the new folder.
The files will be two.(XXXXXX.evt and CONFIG.DAT)
5. Run Smart Dlogger program and go to "Convertor" menu. You may find the folder that you created.
6. Click on the folder that you created. Record Mode button will be activated. Click "Record Mode" button.
7. Click the VCI II.
8. Connect VCI II as following instruction, and click "OK".
9. Data transfer is complete.
10. Connect VCI II to OBD-II connector on the vehicle.
11. Connect the trigger module to the cigar jack on the vehicle.
12. If the "Enter" button on trigger module is green. It is ready to test-drive.
* If you don't have green on "Enter" button on trigger module in this step, the event file has a problem.(Not VCI II and trigger module).
Please kindly contact KMC or HMC (the people who sent you the event files) or distributor hotline on GSW with the vehicle ROM ID
Then, ask them check if ROM ID is compatible with this event file.